Hands up if you would like to experience a little more happiness, love, inner peace and bliss in your life! Of all the things we dream of, ultimately, it’s those kinds of feelings that we are seeking. We want the relationship with a soul mate to feel more loved, we want a little more money in our bank account to feel more inner peace, we want a job we feel passionate about so that we can feel happier… isn’t that really what our goals are all about?
But what if we have got our criteria mixed up? What if the fulfilment of our dreams is not an essential part of the equation? What if we can have those feelings whenever we want? Doesn’t that make it all a little bit more interesting?
I’m sure you have heard it all before. I could tell you right now that your feelings aren’t dependent on your life circumstances. My guess is that you would nod knowingly and then get on with the pursuit of your dreams once more. I can say that with such certainty because it is the pattern I have run for so many years. Long periods of working far too hard to reach my goals interspersed with temporary moments of undeniable wisdom that I was making my journey through life more complicated than it really needs to be. Today, I draw a line in the sand and say firmly, “no more!”
No more fighting for inner peace, no more driving for results, no more running to stand still, no more berating myself for not doing enough, no more effort, struggle and hard work. This is not the path of bliss. Today I choose a different route. I am going to lighten up, loosen up and realise that I have everything I need to feel good right now.
So today I am making a declaration. From this point forwards I commit to…
- Accepting my life as it stands right now. I will no longer argue that things should be different. I recognise that every decision and choice I have ever made has brought me to this perfect place at the perfect time. I choose peace.
- Forgiving myself and others for the unintentional hurt we may have caused. I realise that everyone is doing the best that they can in the moment. I release the need for others to live up to my illusionary standards. And most importantly, I let myself off the hook.
- Letting go. Letting go of what? Everything and anything that is not serving me. I am making a deliberate and conscious decision to let go of the need to know what will happen in the future, the effort and struggle of trying to get somewhere else, and the opinions and approval of others. I will use my inner guidance as my barometer for my own value and feelings of self-worth, and if this is low, I will do the work myself rather than expecting others to uplift me.
- Connecting more fully with my self in a heart-centered way. I will let the true essence of my heart guide my journey. I will reach out to others and invite them to connect, heart-to-heart. I commit to making a difference in my community rather than buying into the drama portrayed by the hyped-up media. I will care for my fellow human beings to the best of my ability.
- Having faith that it will all work out. No matter how dire circumstances may be for me, for others or in the world, I will trust that there is a bigger plan and that the Universe always knows much more than I can know from my limited physical perspective.
- Being generous with others by pursuing my life with purpose and consideration. When I show up, I will be fully present, bringing the absolute best of who I am.
- Loving without limits. I will turn away from anything that causes me hurt or pain so that I may live more fully, more openly and more boldly. I will choose to keep my heart open because I know that my heart holds the key to everything that I could ever want.
So this is my plan. What do you think? Care to join me in this declaration?